Serve these creepy fingers at your next Halloween party.
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 7 tbsp cold butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 almonds, for garnish
- 1 tube red decorating gel
- Divide the egg. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter in cubes, sugar, egg white and salt.
- Knead until a cohesive dough forms and shape into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave for 30 min. to chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Use a knife to cut dough into 20 pieces and shape each into a finger.
- Beat the egg yolk and brush on each finger. Push an almond nail into the end of each finger cookie. Bake for 12-15 min. or until golden brown.
- Allow 30 min. to cool. Use the frosting gel to create a bloody edge around the cuticle
Tip: If you want extra thin witch fingers? Divide the dough into 30 portions instead of 20.