Whole wheat spaghetti is perfect for soaking up this delicious sauce.
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (7 – 9 oz) jar caponata
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions until al dente, and drain.
- Slice the tenderloins into 1-inch strips and season with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook for 8 min. or until golden brown on both sides, flipping once.
- Add the caponata and tomatoes to the pan with the chicken. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 min. Toss pasta with the chicken sauce. Divide among 4 bowls.
Serve with chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes
- February March 2017
- January 2019