Find nori sheets and wasabi paste in the Asian food section.
- 2 ¼ cups sushi rice
- 6 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 avocado
- 4 nori sheets
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- ½ (8 oz) pkg imitation crab leg
- bamboo sushi mat
- Rinse the rice in a strainer under cold, running water for 30 sec. Add to a medium pot with 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 18 min., or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the vinegar, salt, and sugar in a pot over low heat and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Mix the rice with the dressing in a shallow glass or plastic bowl. (Do not use metal, as it may react with the dressing.) Set sushi rice in the refrigerator for 7 min. Every few minutes, fluff the rice to ensure it cools throughout.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, then peel and cut the flesh lengthwise into strips.
- Wrap the sushi mat in plastic wrap. Set a sheet of nori on top. With wet hands, spread 1 cup of the rice over the nori. Leave a 1-inch strip of nori uncovered on the long side furthest from you. On the side closest to you, spread ½ tsp wasabi, add a piece of crab, and place a couple slices of avocado on top. Roll the bamboo mat from the bottom, tightly pressing down after each roll until you reach the end.
- Dip a sharp knife in hot water and cut the roll into 6 equal pieces. Repeat for 3 more rolls.
Serve with low-sodium soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
- S2 2017
- Calories 513kcal 26%
- Fat 6.5g 10%
- Saturated fat 1.1g 5%
- Carbs 99.7g 33%
- Sodium 1278mg 53%
- 6.4g sugar
- 4.2g fiber
- 11.4g protein
- 6mg cholesterol