Shredded coconut transforms classic variety donuts into spring bird nests, the perfect cradle for Easter chocolate eggs.
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (16 oz) pkg classic variety donuts
- 1 (10 oz) pkg small chocolate eggs
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 2 min., stirring every 30 sec. Toast coconut in a dry pan for 3 min. until golden brown.
- Coat donuts with melted chocolate and sprinkle with shredded coconut. (For best results, allow coating to dry fully, about 30 min.) Set eggs in the middle of the donuts.
- 4 ingredient
- Savory April 2017
- kid friendly
- 10 Minute