This easy grilled chicken has a hint of spice that perfectly complements fresh, bright watermelon salsa. Impress your guests at your next barbecue with this taste of summer.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs watermelon chunks
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg fresh mint
- 1 lime
- Set a grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and coat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix together chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, salt (in moderation), and pepper. Toss spice mix with chicken. Cook chicken over hottest part of the grill for 3 min. on each side or until grill marks form.
- Lower heat and cook for an additional 10–12 min., or until an internal thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the flesh. For best results allow chicken to rest, loosely covered with foil, for at least 10 min.
- While chicken cooks, dice the watermelon into smaller cubes and place in a large bowl. Chop the mint and juice the lime. Add mint and lime juice to watermelon. Season with remaining olive oil, salt (in moderation), and pepper to taste. Serve chicken with watermelon salsa.
- June/July 2017
- In Season