This salad travels well. You can assemble most of this salad ahead and toss with greens and dressing just before serving.
- 2 limes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby arugula
- 1 (6 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- Zest and juice both the limes. Halve the cherry tomatoes and set in a large container with a tight-fitting lid, along with corn. Halve the avocados lengthwise, remove the pits, and cut into cubes. Toss avocado with 2 tbsp lime juice and add to the salad.
- Place remaining lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, and garlic in a jar or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Store salad, dressing, unopened bag of arugula, and package of crumbled feta in fridge or cooler until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, toss the salad with the arugula and dressing. Garnish with crumbled cheese.
- August 2017
- July August 2021
- Guiding Stars