A simple salad of sweet fruit is the perfect complement for these chicken drumsticks seasoned with Jamaican jerk spice.
- 1 (28 oz) pkg fingerling potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Jamaican jerk spice
- 1 apple
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 ½ cups fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 head Savoy cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Scrub the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Arrange them on one side of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the drumsticks next to them. Sprinkle the potatoes and chicken with 3 tbsp olive oil and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Sprinkle the chicken with Jamaican jerk spice.
- Cook the potatoes and chicken in the oven until an internal thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F and the potatoes are tender. Toss halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into quarters, remove the core, and cut the flesh into cubes. Halve the grapes. Stir the yogurt with the mustard, vinegar, and the rest of the oil. Season the dressing with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Shred the cabbage and mix in a large bowl with apple and grapes. Drizzle the salad with the half of the dressing. Serve the drumsticks with oven fries and salad. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- September 2017