Fresh tomatoes and peppers are the stars of this simple pasta dish.
- ½ (16 oz) box spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomato-basil sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into ½-inch cubes. Dice the pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken and peppers for 5 min. Add the sauce and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the sauce. Cook for 1 min. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Add the spaghetti and mix to combine. Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
- $10 Meals
- October 2017