Quick-cooking tortellini and fresh veggies bring this comforting soup together in minutes.
- 2 leeks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini, thawed
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high.Trim the ends of the leeks and slice the white and light green parts into rings. Dice the pepper and zucchini into ¼-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the vegetables until soft, about 5 min. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and simmer for 5 min. until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into 1-inch slices. Spread ricotta cheese evenly among the bread slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for 5 min.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls. Place a few croutons in each bowl. Serve immediately.
- 5 For $10
- Savory 8 2017
- Calories 474kcal 24%
- Fat 15.4g 24%
- Saturated fat 4.1g 20%
- Carbs 66.4g 22%
- Sodium 771mg 32%
- 7.2g sugar
- 4.9g fiber
- 16.7g protein
- 25mg cholesterol