Impress guests with this guacamole that’s shaped into Frankenstein’s monster’s face, complete with a black bean scowl.
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (9 oz) bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 5 black olives
- ¼ cup black beans
- Chop the cilantro. Halve the avocados and remove the pits. With a spoon, scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl and mash. Stir in the onion, cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Spread the guacamole onto a large serving platter and use a spatula to form into a rectangle. Place the chips at the top of the rectangle for the hair. Make eyes with dollops of sour cream, and place an olive in the center of each. Create ears and a nose using remaining 3 olives and a mouth using the black beans.
- October 2017