Like your green beans crisper? Place them whole on top of the chicken in the slow cooker. For a more tender consistency, cut them into 1-inch pieces and mix them throughout.
- 2 apples
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Organic green beans
- ½ cup parsley
- Slice the apples and dice the onions. To a 6-quart slow cooker, add apples, onions, chicken broth, cider, mustard, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Remove skin from the chicken legs and thighs and discard. Add chicken to the slow cooker, placing into the broth mixture. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Top with the green beans. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Chop the parsley and sprinkle over chicken to serve.
- guiding star
- October 2017