- 1 (15.25 oz) box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 (15.6 oz) containers Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Flavored Frosting, divided
- 1 ½ to 2 cups rainbow nonpareil decorator sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions using water, oil and eggs to make 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Line 2 (15 x 10 x 1-inch) baking pans with wax paper. Place sprinkles in small, deep bowl. Remove paper liners from cupcakes. Using a serrated knife, cut a thin slice off top of each cupcake so center surface is flat.
- Microwave 1 container frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute. Stir until a smooth glaze consistency. Holding cupcake at top and bottom with thumb and index finger, gently dip sides of cupcake in frosting mixture, turning to completely coat sides. Allow excess frosting to drip back into bowl. Roll coated sides of cupcake in sprinkles to completely coat. Place on wax paper, cut-side down. Let stand until set. Repeat to coat sides of remaining cupcakes. (If frosting thickens, microwave 10 seconds to thin.)
- Place remaining container frosting in decorating bag fitted with large star tip. Place mini cakes on serving plates. Pipe a decorative swirl on top of each mini cake to cover top, beginning at outer edge and working toward center. Sprinkle lightly with nonpareil sprinkles.
Recipe Sponsored by Pillsbury™
- Sponsored by