- 1 (15.25 oz) box Betty Crocker SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12 oz) jar hot fudge topping
- 1 (16 oz) container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting or Whipped fluffy white frosting
- ⅔ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan. Bake 26 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Immediately poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake; cool 5 minutes. Place hot fudge topping in quart-size resealable bag. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze hot fudge into holes in cake. Repeat as necessary to use all topping.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Drop frosting by spoonfuls onto cake; spread evenly.
- Just before serving, heat caramel sauce as directed on jar; drizzle a heaping teaspoon over each serving of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
To toast pecans, heat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
For a gooey caramel pumpkin cake, try hot caramel topping instead of hot fudge.
Recipe and Image Provided by Kraft Heinz Foods Company.