This rolled cake will be a showstopping addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table.
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a large bowl, with mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin purée, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat to combine. Line a 9x13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the batter in an even layer in the pan. Bake 15 min., until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While cake bakes, sift ½ cup confectioners sugar into the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- Allow cake to cool 2 min. With a small knife or spatula, loosen the edges from the pan. Sift some confectioners sugar over the cake and top with a large sheet of parchment paper. Invert the cake onto the second sheet of parchment and remove the baking sheet. Starting on the long side, loosely roll cake up jelly-roll style and let cool completely while rolled, about 1 hour. When cool, carefully unroll cake, remove top sheet of parchment, and spread with cream cheese frosting. Reroll cake around frosting and place seam side down on serving platter. Dust with more confectioners sugar.
This recipe is
- November 2017