For a faster, easier take on this fall food craft, use wedges instead of whole apples.
- 2 apples
- 16 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup soft caramel candies
- 2 tsp whole milk
- Decorations (finely chopped nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and thoroughly dry the apples. Core the apples and cut into 8 wedges. Pierce a popsicle stick through each slice lengthwise.
- Unwrap the caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl with the milk. Microwave in 30-sec. increments, stirring after each one, until melted, about 4 min.
- Drizzle the apple with the caramel and immediately decorate with toppings. Lay on parchment paper and let stand until caramel hardens.