These tiny cakes add sparkle to any holiday table. Make them for other holidays throughout the year by changing up the sprinkles.
- 1 (15.2 oz) box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup colored sprinkles (red, green, white, blue, silver)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using oil, eggs, and 1 cup water. Pour the batter into a 9x13-inch cake pan. Bake 25 min., until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter 1 min., until smooth. Beat in the confectioners sugar, ½ cup at a time, until the frosting is creamy. Add the milk and mix until smooth. Place sprinkles in a shallow dish.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out circles from cake. With a mini offset spatula, frost the cakes, then roll in sprinkles to coat.
- December 2017