Impress your guests this holiday season with glittery cake pops. Switch up the cake mix for a fun change of flavor.
- 1 (8 oz) box cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 36 lollipop sticks
- Snowflake sprinkles, silver edible glitter, or white sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Let cake cool completely.
- In a large bowl, with hands, crumble the cake into small pieces resembling breadcrumbs. Add the frosting and mix until it comes together to form a ball. Scoop and roll the cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- In a heatproof bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips in 30-sec. increments, stirring in between until melted. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted white chocolate and stick in the cake ball. Repeat for remaining cake balls. Dip each cake pop into the white chocolate, covering the cake ball completely. Place dipped pops stick sides up on the parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chocolate has begun to set, 5 min.
- Dip the tops of the cake pops in the remaining melted white chocolate, then dip in snowflake sprinkles, glitter, and/or sugar. Stick the pops right side up in a styrofoam block to set. Repeat for remaining pops.
No styrofoam? Try poking holes in an upside down cardboard or foam egg carton to hold the sticks.
- S10 2017
- Calories 190kcal 10%
- Fat 10.2g 16%
- Saturated fat 4.8g 24%
- Carbs 22.1g 7%
- Sodium 80mg 3%
- 17.6g sugar
- 0.8g fiber
- 2.6g protein
- 26mg cholesterol