Chuka soba noodles can be found in the international foods aisle. In a pinch, use ramen noodles from a package, but ditch the seasonings.
- ¼ cup Korean barbecue sauce
- ½ (9 oz) pkg chuka soba or Chinese-style noodles
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 (12 oz) pkg fresh sweet potato noodles
- 2 (3.5 oz) pkgs sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (5 oz) bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, stir together the Korean barbecue sauce and 3 tbsp water. Set sauce aside. Cook the chuka soba noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the pork and season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add pork and cook 5 min., until cooked through, stirring constantly. Transfer pork to plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add the sweet potato noodles and mushrooms. Cook 7–8 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Add spinach and carrots, and cook 1–2 min., stirring constantly. Add cooked chuka soba noodles, pork, and Korean bbq sauce mixture. Cook 2 min., until combined, stirring. Top with sesame seeds.
Store it: Cool pork chops. Refrigerate soba noodles, pork chops, and shredded carrots separately.
- December 2017