Chuka soba noodles can be found in the international foods aisle. In a pinch, use ramen noodles from a package, but ditch the seasonings.
- ¼ cup Korean barbecue sauce
- ½ (9 oz) pkg chuka soba or Chinese-style noodles
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 (12 oz) pkg fresh sweet potato noodles
- 2 (3.5 oz) pkgs sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (5 oz) bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, stir together the Korean barbecue sauce and 3 tbsp water. Set sauce aside. Cook the chuka soba noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the pork and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add pork and cook 5 min., until cooked through, stirring constantly. Transfer pork to plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add the sweet potato noodles and mushrooms. Cook 7–8 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Add spinach and carrots, and cook 1–2 min., stirring constantly. Add cooked chuka soba noodles, pork, and Korean bbq sauce mixture. Cook 2 min., until combined, stirring. Top with sesame seeds.
Sunday prep steps:
- Cook chuka soba noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse noodles under cold water in colander until cool and drain well. Toss with 1 tbsp canola oil.
- Thinly slice pork chops. Season with salt and pepper. In nonstick skillet, cook pork 5 min.
- If needed, grate carrots.
15 min. before serving:
- Whisk Korean bbq sauce and 3 tbsp water. In greased skillet, cook sweet potato noodles and mushrooms 7 min. Stir in cooked pork, carrots, and spinach. Cook 2 min. Add soba noodles and Korean bbq sauce mixture. Cook until warm and garnish with sesame seeds.
Store it: Cool pork chops. Refrigerate soba noodles, pork chops, and shredded carrots separately.
- Savory 10 2017
- Savory Sunday
- Calories 473kcal 24%
- Fat 15.7g 24%
- Saturated fat 3.2g 16%
- Carbs 49.7g 17%
- Sodium 731mg 30%
- 11.1g sugar
- 4.7g fiber
- 35.1g protein
- 74mg cholesterol