Fiber-packed cauliflower takes the place of white rice in this Tex-Mex dish that features two sources of lean protein.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Fresh Vegetables Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium black beans
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lime
- 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup fresh pico de gallo
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium. Add the onions and cook 6 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the cauliflower rice and cumin and cook 5-7 min., until cauliflower is tender. Drain the black beans and add to skillet, along with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 min., until beans are hot.
- Meanwhile, zest the lime. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with zest, remaining 1 tbsp oil, and salt. Heat a large grill pan on medium-high. Add shrimp to pan and grill 2 min per side, until pink and opaque.
- Divide cauliflower rice among 4 plates and top with shrimp and pico de gallo. Cut lime into wedges and serve with shrimp.
- January 2018