You won’t miss the pork in this all-veggie version of a Chinese takeout classic featuring protein-rich tofu and sweet corn.
- 1 (12 oz) block extra-firm tofu
- 1 bunch green onions
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 small flour tortillas
- With paper towels, blot the tofu very dry. Cut into ½-inch slices and arrange on fresh paper towels. Top with more paper towels and place a weighted baking sheet on top to press out excess moisture. Let stand 15 min.
- Meanwhile, slice the green onions on an angle. Cut tofu into ½-inch cubes. In a medium bowl, gently toss tofu with half the hoisin sauce.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add green onions and cook 3 min., stirring. Add the corn, tofu, garlic, and remaining hoisin sauce. Cook 3 min., until heated through, stirring gently. Season with salt. Serve tofu folded in tortillas.
Add some fresh crunch with some shredded lettuce or red cabbage.
- January 2018