Your family will love digging into this soup brimming with root veggies, greens, and fresh thyme. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for a convenient homemade meal anytime.
- 1 small onion
- 2 small carrots
- 2 links sweet Italian sausage (about 6 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 lb baby gold potatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Peel and halve the onion and thinly slice. Peel and slice the carrots. Remove the sausages from casing.
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add sausage and cook 3 min., until mostly browned, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt. Cook 3 min., until onion is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, quarter the potatoes. To the pot, add the chicken broth, potatoes, and 2 cups water and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 12–15 min., until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in baby spinach until wilted. Cook 1 min. Season with salt.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star
- April 2018