Caramel-flavored ice cream is a luscious topping for these sweet pineapple rings. A crunchy waffle cookie adds the perfect textural contrast.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Nature's Promise® Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 2 pizzelle cookies
- 1 cup dulce de leche ice cream
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (optional)
- Set grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt to combine.
- Place the pineapple on the grill and brush with honey mixture. Grill 3 min., then turn rings over and brush other side with remaining honey mixture. Grill another 2–4 min., until grill marks appear on bottom and pineapple has softened. Transfer to 4 small serving plates and let cool until no longer hot.
- Meanwhile, break each pizzelle into smaller pieces. Top each cooled pineapple ring with ¼-cup scoop of ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired. Stick pizzelle into ice cream. Serve immediately.
- May 2018
- July August 2021