A twist on the classic combo of iced tea and lemonade, these refreshing sippers get an extra dash of sweetness from summer berries.
- 1 lb ripe strawberries + more for garnish
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 5 cups unsweetened iced tea
- Trim the strawberries and cut into halves. In a small saucepan, heat the sugar and water on medium 3 min., until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in strawberries. Let stand 10 min.
- Meanwhile, squeeze juice from the lemons. Transfer strawberry mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium pitcher, stir together strawberry mixture, lemon juice, and iced tea. Refrigerate until cold. Serve on ice, stirring before pouring if starting to separate. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
- May 2018