Crispy, salty bacon pairs perfectly with crunchy cabbage, tangy green apple, and sweet honey in this delectable side dish.
- 8 slices Nature's Promise Free From Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 medium head red cabbage
- 3 green onions
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Chop the bacon. In a medium skillet, cook bacon 8–10 min. on medium, until browned and crispy, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, halve the cabbage and cut out the core. Thinly slice cabbage and green onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Add cabbage and green onions, tossing until well coated.
- Core and chop the apple. Stir into slaw, along with bacon.
- May 2018
- guiding star