Grilling is a fun and unexpected way to prepare avocados. Try this cooking method to put a smoky twist on guacamole.
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño slices
- 1 lime
- ½ (15.5 oz) can black beans
- 2 tbsp smoked almonds
- 3 avocados
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Set grill to medium. Finely chop the tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Juice the lime and stir half the lime juice into tomato mixture. Reserve remaining juice.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Chop the almonds.
- Halve and pit each avocado. Brush cut sides with the oil and remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Place avocados cut sides down on grill and cook 3 min., until grill marks appear. Flip avocados and grill 2 min., until grill marks appear. Transfer avocados to platter.
- Divide black beans and salsa among avocado cavities. Sprinkle with almonds
- May 2018
- Guiding Stars