Tossing stone fruit on the grill brings out the sweetness and adds a savory smokiness to this riff on Tex-Mex salsa
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 plum tomato
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- pinch sugar
- 1 (9 oz) bag Nature's Promise Organic Corn Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Set grill to high. Place the onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Pit peaches and cut each into 6 wedges. Brush cut sides with the oil. Place on grill cut-sides down and cook 2 min., until grill marks appear. Turn peach wedges over and cook another 1 min. Transfer to cutting board and let cool.
- Meanwhile, into a medium bowl, grate all the zest and squeeze all the juice from the lime. Dice the tomato. Finely chop the cilantro and jalapeño, and add to bowl with lime juice, along with sugar and tomato.
- Dice the peaches and add to bowl. Drain onion well and pat dry with paper towels. Stir onion into peach mixture. Season with salt. Toss until well combined. Serve with the tortilla chips.
For less kick, remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño.
- Ten Minutes
- June 2018
- 10 Minutes