This dish pairs the sweetness of ripe tomatoes with the tang of capers and red wine vinegar. Serve this with grilled chicken or shrimp for the ultimate summer meal.
- ½ small shallot
- 2 tbsp capers in brine
- 3 tbsp prepared pesto
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 lb multicolored large or medium tomatoes
- 1 cup multicolored grape or cherry tomatoes
- Finely mince the shallot. Drain the capers. In a small bowl, stir together the pesto, shallot, capers, vinegar, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the larger tomatoes and arrange on a large platter. Halve the grape tomatoes and scatter over the tomato slices. Drizzle dressing all over tomatoes. Cover with plastic and let stand at least 15 min. or up to 3 hours.
- Fifteen Minutes
- July 2018
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes