Grilling the bread until crispy gets you the same crunch as regular croutons without having to turn on the oven.
- 5 slices multigrain bread
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 McIntosh or Gala apple
- 1 (5 oz) pkg mixed Italian-blend salad greens
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup Nature's Promise® Organic White Balsamic Dressing
- Set grill to medium. Brush the bread on both sides with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 2–3 min. per side, until very crisp and grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, chop the pecans. Core and thinly slice the apple. Place in a large bowl with the mixed greens, chicken, pecans, and dressing. Toss to coat.
- Cut the bread into ½-inch cubes and add to salad. Toss to combine.
- Fifteen Minutes
- August 2018
- July August 2021
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes