This refreshing Vietnamese-inspired appetizer uses precooked chicken, making it a no-cook no-brainer.
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 8 rice spring roll wrappers
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 mint leaves
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and thinly slice into half-moons.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin, lime juice, and 2 tbsp water. Fill a pie plate with warm water.
- Working with one at a time, soak a spring roll wrapper in the warm water until soft and pliable, about 30 sec. Spread out on cutting board. Arrange 2 basil leaves and 2 mint leaves across the middle of the wrapper. Arrange some carrots, chicken, and 2–3 slices of tomato on top. Fold bottom up and over filling, tucking under tightly, then fold in sides and roll to seal.
- Cover roll with damp paper towels to keep moist. Repeat rolling with remaining ingredients. Serve with the sauce.
Change things up by swapping the chicken out for chopped pre-cooked shrimp or an avocado and sliced jalapeños for a spicy vegetarian version.
- Fifteen Minutes
- August 2018
- 15 Minutes