Choose the ripest and juiciest tomatoes for this effortless pasta sauce that comes together with the press of a button.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil + more for garnish
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 oz smoked mozzarella
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Quarter the tomatoes. Place in a food processor, along with the pecorino and basil, and process until mostly smooth. Pulse in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely grate the mozzarella. In a large bowl, toss the hot pasta with the tomato mixture and mozzarella. Divide among 6 plates. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
- Fifteen Minutes
- July August 2022
- September 2018
- 15 Minutes