Putting together these hearty sandwiches ahead of time and freezing them for later makes them both effortless and lighter than their fast-food counterparts.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) pkg whole wheat English muffins
- 12 oz thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 6 slices pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a medium pot, cover the eggs with 1 inch cold water. Heat to a boil on high. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 8 min. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool, then peel.
- Meanwhile, split the English muffins and lightly toast. Thinly slice the hard-boiled eggs. On bottoms of English muffins, layer the turkey, egg, then cheese. Replace tops of English muffins. Tightly wrap individually in plastic. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat, thaw slightly, about 10 min. Remove from plastic and wrap in damp paper towel. Microwave 3 min., until hot in center and cheese is melted.
- September 2018