Bringing a soup base, quick-cooking veggies, and pre-cooked noodles in a jar means all you have to do is stir in hot water for a light but satisfying lunch.
- 1 (9 oz) pkg fresh linguine
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large carrots
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- 4 tsp concentrated chicken broth base
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cup baby spinach
- Cook the linguine to al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain very well and toss with the sesame oil.
- While pasta cooks, coarsely grate the carrots. Divide the miso paste and broth base among 4 quart-size jars. Add 1 tbsp warm water to each and stir to combine. Divide pasta among jars. Top with grated carrots, chicken, then spinach. Seal jars and refrigerate.
- When ready to eat, add 12 oz simmering or very hot water, seal, and let stand 3 min. Stir together to eat
No access to hot water? Remove the jar lid and add 12 oz cool water. Microwave 3 min. until very hot. Replace lid and let stand 1 min.
- July August 2021
- September 2018
- Guiding Stars