Delicate, sweet bay scallops shine in this simple pasta recipe, which lightens up the linguine with the addition of zucchini noodles.
- 1 (16 oz) box linguine
- 1 (16 oz) container fresh zucchini noodles
- 1 bunch green onions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 oz bay scallops
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook the linguine according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Add the zucchini noodles to pot just before draining.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onions. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add green onions and garlic. Cook 3 min., stirring often. Add the bay scallops. Cook 3 min., until scallops are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Season with salt.
- In the same pot, toss linguine and zucchini mixture with scallop mixture, lemon juice, Parmesan, and reserved cooking liquid until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
If your zoodles are very long, snip them into shorter strands with some kitchen shears before boiling them for easier tossing.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October 2018
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes