A little green food coloring and some sweet and salty snacks transform your favorite cereal treats into a frighteningly festive Halloween dessert.
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 5 - 7 drops green food coloring
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 24 candy eyes
- 50 mini yellow candies
- 8- 10 pretzel sticks
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium-low. Add the marshmallows. Cook until marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Stir in the food coloring, then the cereal until well combined.
- Transfer cereal mixture to lined pan and press into even layer. Cool, then remove from pan using foil edges. Cut into 12 rectangles
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Dip 1 end of each rectangle into chocolate and place on wire rack or waxed paper to set.
- Press candy eyes and yellow candies into cereal to form eyes and mouth. Break pretzel sticks into smaller pieces and stick into sides of rectangles to form bolts.
Coat your hands with cooking spray before pressing the sticky cereal into the pan for the most even layer.
- October 2018