Featuring caramel, nuts, and chocolate on a shortbread crust, this recipe brings together two dessert favorites in one bite-size treat.
- Baking spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature and divided
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and coat with baking spray.
- To a food processor, add the flour, granulated sugar, and ½ cup (1 stick) butter. Pulse until dough holds together. Press dough into pan in even layer. Use a fork to poke small holes in dough. Bake 15–20 min., until golden. Top with pecans.
- In a heavy-duty medium pot, add remaining ½ cup (1 stick) butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Heat to a boil on high, about 5 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in heavy cream and pinch of salt.
- Pour caramel over pecans. Bake 10 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake another 5 min., until chocolate melts. With a mini spatula, spread chocolate over pecans. Cool completely and then remove from pan using foil. Cut into 1x1-inch squares.
- November 2018