All the familiar flavors of your favorite Thanksgiving pie packed into one delectable, easy-to-transport cupcake.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Line 18 cups of 2 muffin pans with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin purée, oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Divide batter among liners.
- Bake cupcakes 25–30 min., until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack and remove from muffin tins.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese 2–4 min., until smooth. Add vanilla. With the mixer on low, slowly add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Using a piping bag or a spatula, frost the cupcakes.
- November 2018