Eggs are an affordable and nutritious way to add protein to weeknight dinners. Cooking them in the same skillet as the rest of the dish ensures an easy cleanup.
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ small red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In an ovenproof 12-inch skillet, combine the enchilada sauce, broth, and beans. Heat to a simmer on high.
- Add the chips to the skillet and gently stir to coat with sauce. Sprinkle the cheese over the chips and crack eggs onto chips, spacing apart. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Place skillet in the oven and cook 9–10 min., until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, very thinly slice the red onion into half-moons and place in a medium bowl of cold water. Finely chop the cilantro.
- Remove skillet from oven. Drain onion and pat dry with paper towels. Scatter onions over eggs and garnish with cilantro.
Garnish with chopped jalapeños or hot sauce for a little heat.
- 3 for $10
- S10 2018
- Calories 494kcal 25%
- Fat 23.4g 36%
- Saturated fat 6.8g 34%
- Carbs 47.6g 16%
- Sodium 1144mg 48%
- 3.4g sugar
- 9.2g fiber
- 26.3g protein
- 274mg cholesterol