Slightly salty, buttery cracker crumbs are an unexpected upgrade to this traditional Jewish side dish.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 oz) pkg wide egg noodles
- 20 Nature's Promise Organic Golden Crackers
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 9 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 (16 oz) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F and coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the crackers to a large resealable plastic bag and seal, pushing out excess air. Using a rolling pin, crush the crackers into crumbs. Transfer cracker crumbs to a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter, ½ tsp cinnamon, and 1 tbsp sugar.
- In a blender, purée remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, remaining 8 tbsp (½ cup) sugar, cottage cheese, sour cream, and eggs until smooth. In a large bowl, combine egg mixture and noodles, stirring until well coated. Transfer mixture to baking dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 min. Remove foil and continue baking 10–15 min., until top is golden. Let sit 15–20 min. before slicing and serving.
- S10 2018
- Calories 353kcal 18%
- Fat 12.5g 19%
- Saturated fat 5.2g 26%
- Carbs 42.6g 14%
- Sodium 320mg 13%
- 13.9g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 16.7g protein
- 196mg cholesterol