Turn a box of cake mix into the easiest cookies ever by skipping the package directions and following this recipe instead.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box cake mix with candy bits
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, with hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cake mix, oil, egg, and salt until combined.
- With mini cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, scoop and roll dough tightly into balls. Place balls on prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 7–10 min., until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and let stand until glaze sets.
-Red Velvet: Use red velvet cake mix instead of confetti cake. Fold 1½ cups white chocolate chips into batter before rolling and baking. Omit the glaze.
-Spice Mix: Use spice cake mix instead of confetti cake. In a shallow dish, combine ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ tsp ground cinnamon. After rolling the dough into balls, coat in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and bake. Omit the glaze.
- December 2018
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook