Santa couldn’t ask for a better Christmas Eve snack than this fudgy treat. Don’t forget the glass of milk!
- 1 ⅓ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut up
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chips and butter. Microwave in 30-sec. intervals, until butter melts. Stir until smooth.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the granulated sugar, eggs, and extract until smooth. Mix in chocolate mixture, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the flour until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Place the confectioners’ sugar in a wide bowl.
- Scoop and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar until well coated. Place on cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 10‒12 min., until tops look set. Cool on a wire rack.
Mocha: Beat 1 tbsp espresso powder in with eggs.
Peanut Butter: Replace semisweet chips with 1 cup dark chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter chips before microwaving.
- December 2018