This version brings whole grain wholesomeness to a Louisiana fave by subbing farro for rice but keeps the andouille sausage for spice.
- 1 cup Nature's Promise Organic Italian Pearled Farro
- 2 ¼ cups water, divided
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 celery ribs
- ½ (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Cajun Style Andouille Chicken Sausage
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added kidney beans, drained but not rinsed
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a multi-cooker or electric pressure cooker, combine the farro and 2 cups water. Seal and bring to high pressure. Cook 8 min. Allow pressure to release naturally 5 min., then switch to quick release. Drain any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, seed and chop the bell pepper. Chop the celery and sausage. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add pepper, celery, and onion. Cook 5–6 min., until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add sausage, garlic, and thyme. Cook 4‒5 min., until browned, stirring often.
- To skillet, add the kidney beans and ¼ cup water. Cook 2 min., until warm, mashing some of the beans with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve beans over farro and garnish with the parsley.
To bring the heat, serve with Louisiana-style hot sauce.
- 6 for $10
- S1 2019
- Calories 304kcal 15%
- Fat 7.1g 11%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 45.0g 15%
- Sodium 354mg 15%
- 4.2g sugar
- 11.0g fiber
- 17.0g protein
- 31mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?