Fresh bell peppers and green onions are the perfect complement for sweet (and convenient!) stir-fry sauce and hearty pork.
- 12 oz linguine
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 1 (¾ lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onions. Remove seeds from the bell pepper and chop. Slice the pork into ½-inch-thick medallions. Season with the five-spice powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add pork slices and cook 3–4 min. per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. To same skillet, add bell peppers and green onions. Cook 5–8 min., until peppers are tender, stirring often. Add the stir-fry sauce and vinegar. Cook 1 min. Remove from heat.
- To skillet, add cooked linguine and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine. Divide among 4 bowls. Slice the pork into strips and serve on top of noodles.
Garnish with fresh cilantro for a pop of freshness.
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- February 2019