Ginger and teriyaki sauce bring life to lean ground turkey in this irresistible (and quick!) dinner.
- 1 (1 - inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 1 (16 oz) pkg ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 1 large tomato
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- Peel the ginger and grate into a medium bowl. Add the ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 (½-inch-thick) patties.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Cook burgers 5–6 min. per side, until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- To same skillet, add the pineapple rings and remaining 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce. Cook 1 min. per side. Thinly slice the tomato. Serve burgers on the buns, topped with the lettuce, tomato, and pineapple rings.
- Fifteen Minutes
- guiding star
- February 2019
- 15 Minutes