Tart tzatziki brings zip to frozen meatballs. A quick soak in water softens the bite of the onions used in the sandwich.
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Frozen Chicken Meatballs
- 2 pita pockets, cut in half
- 3 plum tomatoes
- ¼ prepared tzatziki
- Add the red onion to a medium bowl. Cover with cold water and let stand.
- Prepare the chicken meatballs according to package directions.
- Lightly toast the pita pockets. Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Drain the red onion well and pat dry with paper towels. Split open pitas and divide meatballs among pitas (about 6 in each). Divide the tzatziki among pitas. Top with tomatoes and red onion.
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- guiding star
- February 2019
- 5 ingredients