Oh-so-silky and decadent, this dessert is high on richness yet low on fat. Plus, it whips up in less than 15 minutes.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a heavy-duty medium pot, stir together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Add the milk and vanilla.
- Heat mixture to a boil on medium, whisking until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and cook 2–3 min., until chocolate chips have melted and pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, whisking constantly.
- Serve warm or transfer to serving bowls, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Twelve Minutes
- February 2019
- 12 Minutes