A fresh serrano chili packs the heat in this chicken sausage and pasta number. Kale boosts nutrition, making this a fast one-dish dinner.
- 1 (16 oz) box medium shells
- 1 serrano chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 links Nature's Promise® Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups packed chopped kale
- Cook the shells according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the chili. In a wide, 6- to 7-qt pot, heat the oil on medium-high. Remove the sausages from their casings and add to pot. Cook 3 min., until browned, breaking up with back of spoon.
- Add the garlic and chili. Cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Stir in the kale and cover. Cook 2 min., until kale wilts. Stir in the reserved cooking water, scraping up any browned bits. Add the shells and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Fifteen Minutes
- April 2019
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes