Creamy, tangy goat cheese brings all the flavors of spring together in this simple pasta dinner.
- 12 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 8 oz fresh shelled peas or 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium leek
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Two minutes before pasta is al dente, add the peas to boiling water. Reserve ½ cup cooking water before draining.
- Meanwhile, trim, halve, and thinly slice the leek. Thoroughly rinse to get rid of any grit.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add leek and season with salt and pepper. Cook 8 min., until golden, stirring often.
- Drain the spaghetti and peas and toss with leek and reserved cooking water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide pasta among 4 bowls. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Garnish with the walnuts and basil.
- Fifteen Minute
- April 2019
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes