Turn crumb-topped coffee cake into portable muffins for a delicious and comforting breakfast on the go.
- 2 (6 oz) containers fresh blueberries
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, room temperature and divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with 16 liners. In a medium bowl, gently toss the blueberries with 1 tbsp flour.
- In another medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, 3 tbsp flour, and 3 tbsp butter. With clean hands, work butter into the mixture to form coarse crumbs. Freeze while making batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining 2½ cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat remaining 5 tbsp butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in the vanilla until well blended. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between, until just combined. Using a spatula, gently fold blueberries into the mixture.
- Divide batter among cupcake liners, filling to just under rim of liner. Spoon crumb topping over batter. Bake 22–25 min., until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack before serving warm or at room temperature.
Muffins may be kept in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days or wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 1 month.
- S3 2019
- Good Morning
- Calories 280kcal 14%
- Fat 11.9g 18%
- Saturated fat 6.7g 34%
- Carbs 40.2g 13%
- Sodium 185mg 8%
- 22.4g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 4.1g protein
- 47mg cholesterol