If you think you could never prepare fresh artichokes at home, think again. This simple and delicious recipe is sure to become part of your regular springtime rotation.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh artichokes, trimmed, halved, and choke removed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Pat the artichokes dry and place in skillet, cut-sides down. Cook 2 min., until browned. Transfer to plate.
- To same skillet, add the garlic. Cook 30 sec., stirring. Add the water and salt. Squeeze juice from the lemons into skillet. Return the artichokes to the skillet. Heat to a simmer on high. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 20 min., until stems are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, microwave the butter, covered, until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the artichokes to a serving platter. Stir 3 tbsp cooking liquid into melted butter, along with the parsley. Drizzle butter over artichokes.
- April 2019
- Guiding Stars