Delicious day or night, this simple dish of scrambled eggs and matzo is as comforting as it is easy to prepare.
- 5 sheets matzo
- 1 large shallot
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- Break the matzo into 2-inch chunks and place in colander. Place colander in sink and moisten with cold water until just soaked through but not falling apart. Drain well and let stand.
- Meanwhile, into a large bowl, coarsely grate the shallot. Add the eggs and salt. Season with pepper and beat to combine. Add matzo pieces to bowl and gently toss until well coated.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the butter on medium until melted and foaming. Add matzo and egg mixture. Cook 2–3 min., until egg is mostly set, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the chives and dill. Season with salt to taste.
- Ten Minutes
- April 2019
- guiding star
- 10 Minutes